FOUNDATION FUNDING REQUEST POLICY
Applications for financial assistance (accepted anytime, but only processed quarterly) should be received by the Columbiana Community Foundation at P.O. Box 391, Columbiana, Ohio by 5 p.m. on the first day of January, April, July or October.
1. Applications are reviewed by the Screening Committee whose recommendations are brought to a vote of the Board of Trustees at the Foundation's next quarterly meeting (April, July, October and January).
2. Requests for financial assistance will be reviewed for appropriateness and merit from the information on the application and any attached materials.
3. A grant application to the Columbiana Foundations must have the approval of the local administrative head of any charitable, educational, political entity or it’s sub group to be considered (name, position, date.)
Effective October 1, 2008 the Columbiana Community Foundation adopted the following policy in an effort to coordinate the grant requests for academic, athletic and extra-curricular activities including the various booster clubs supporting the School's programs.
All requests must be approved by the Board of Education and signed by the Superintendent. A copy of the Board of Education minutes or excerpts from the minutes indicating Board approval and date thereof is to be included with the application.
If the request is from the Athletic Department it must be submitted to the Board of Education for approval and signed by the Superintendent prior to delivery to Foundation.
If the request is from a Booster Club, the approval by the Booster Club advisor must be submitted to the Board of Education for their approval. The Superintendent must also sign off on the project.
The grant request should reflect all pertinent details of the request, as well as, additional resources that are available for the project.
Additional information on the grant request process is available by contacting the Screening Committee.
The Foundation quarterly news releases announce all granted requests. It is requested that if the school or activity group has subsequent releases concerning the project grant, that mention is made of the Foundation's support or participation.
A. Project Budget information that must be submitted with each application:
1. Detailed income and expense budget for project.
2. What portion of expense will be contributed by your organization?
3. Are other contributions assured?
B. Appropriate and Merit Requests (Those applicable to our Columbiana Foundation):
1. Arts & Culture
2. Civic Affairs
3. Health & Human Services
C. Unrestricted funds may not be used for the following:
1. Endowment Purposes
2. Scholarships (includes tuition)
4. Religious organization for religious purposes
5. Organizations outside Columbiana City and Fairfield Township
The Columbiana Community Foundation Unrestricted Funds provide grants to 501(c)(3) qualified organizations. A tax-exempt letter (certification) from the IRS verifying your organization has 501 (c)(3) status must be provided along with the application for funding.
5. Insufficient application information can cause a request review to be delayed until a later quarterly meeting. Thoroughly complete your application form.
6. You will be notified if funding is approved.
7. As is the policy of most Foundations such as this, no response means NON-FUNDING of your request.
8. A non-funded request can be the result of:
An inappropriate request for purposes of this Foundation.
The lack of available grant funds at that time.
Insufficient or incomplete information provided on the application.
9. Each completed application for financial assistance is reviewed and submitted only once for a vote by the Board of Trustees. A new application is required for a request to receive a second consideration by the Board of Trustees.